Mon, Nov 21|
TLC Wildlife Aware
A classroom & field approach to wildlife laws, ID, & preservation techniques for professionals in the Green Industry including Arborists, Landscape Contractors, & Municipality Employees.
Time & Location
Nov 21, 2022, 8:00 AM – 2:45 PM PST
Riverside, 6111 Appaloosa Ave, Riverside, CA 92509, USA
About The Event
This program has been prepared by Sims TLC who has been working with various contractors in the field for over a decade teaching appropriate avoidance measures and developing solution-oriented strategies for balancing development and conservation.
Price is $125.00 per student. Have 5 or more attendees? Use discount code TLCWAGROUP for a 20% discount off your subtotal! Spaces are limited to 50 students.
- Laws protecting wildlife and how your work may be impacted.
- How to identify possible impacts to protect wildlife.
- How to be safe when working around wildlife.
- Ways to minimize or avoid impacts.
- 5 ISA CEU's
- Small vinyl "Wildlife Aware Graduate" window sticker
- Large vinyl "Wildlife Aware Graduate" vehicle sticker
- Small "Wildlife Aware Graduate" jacket patch
- "Wildlife Aware Graduate" Certificate upon passing of test
- Breakfast pastries, coffee, tea, hot chocolate
- Lunch (vegetarian options available) with bottled water or sodas
- 7:30-8:00: Registration
- 8:00-11:30: Classroom Seminar
- 11:30-12:00: Lunch Break
- 12:00-1:30: Field Survey
- 1:30-1:45: Break
- 1:45-2:15: Review
- 2:15-2:45: Test
Students will be placed 2 to each 6ft classroom table. Masks are recommended but not required. Masks and hand sanitizer will be provided to be used at the attendee's discretion.
Presentations and literature are provided in English. Tests can be provided in Spanish upon request.